Thursday, April 17, 2014

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder - 10 Porcelain

I recently picked up the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in 10 Porcelain, to have as a keep in my purse and give me some coverage on no makeup days, product. First I purchased it in 15 Ivory and looked like an Oompa Loompa, very orange fake tanned! However that is on rather pale skin, it may look normal on actually tanned people. I will agree with other reviews that this line does run dark. Porcelain is a light beige. It is not white for the truly colorless porcelain crowd. It is slightly darker than my skin tone (on my face, not hand) but I think it blends ok and works alright. It does feel sort of heavy, and suffocating, like other drugstore powders, but it is not the worst I've used in that regard. I don't think it looks as cheap as the milani or covergirl powders applied to the face. I am comparing the weight to the laura mercier mineral powder, so that is a high standard, but even though it looks more natural than any other drugstore powder I've used, it's not as silky and weightless as Laura Mercier. I gives light coverage, maybe medium if you really pack it on. It will not replace a concealer. I can still see my freckles. As a dryer skin person I also prefer to spray this with some Mario Badecsu Facial Spray.UPDATE: I love this powder for setting foundation so much more than on its own. It is sadly still too dark for me, and when trying it with more dewy foundations/bb creams I've noticed it does not control shine very well. But it does give a beautiful finish to the skin when used OVER something else.

Below are photos taken in direct and indrect sunlight, with the product on one half of my face only.




No comments:

Post a Comment