Thursday, April 17, 2014

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder - 10 Porcelain

I recently picked up the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in 10 Porcelain, to have as a keep in my purse and give me some coverage on no makeup days, product. First I purchased it in 15 Ivory and looked like an Oompa Loompa, very orange fake tanned! However that is on rather pale skin, it may look normal on actually tanned people. I will agree with other reviews that this line does run dark. Porcelain is a light beige. It is not white for the truly colorless porcelain crowd. It is slightly darker than my skin tone (on my face, not hand) but I think it blends ok and works alright. It does feel sort of heavy, and suffocating, like other drugstore powders, but it is not the worst I've used in that regard. I don't think it looks as cheap as the milani or covergirl powders applied to the face. I am comparing the weight to the laura mercier mineral powder, so that is a high standard, but even though it looks more natural than any other drugstore powder I've used, it's not as silky and weightless as Laura Mercier. I gives light coverage, maybe medium if you really pack it on. It will not replace a concealer. I can still see my freckles. As a dryer skin person I also prefer to spray this with some Mario Badecsu Facial Spray.UPDATE: I love this powder for setting foundation so much more than on its own. It is sadly still too dark for me, and when trying it with more dewy foundations/bb creams I've noticed it does not control shine very well. But it does give a beautiful finish to the skin when used OVER something else.

Below are photos taken in direct and indrect sunlight, with the product on one half of my face only.